Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation Draft: 4. Who would be the audience for your media product?

My ideal target audience for this magazine would be a female between the ages of 16-30, who has an interest in acoustic music and songwriting.
The reason I have chosen a wider age range, is that folk music is not very popular between teenagers nowadays as more mainstream musc is being produced, and there is a wide older audience for this genre, yet I feel that the style that I based my magazine around wouldn't attract much of an older audience.
My audience should be interested in artists such as 'Laura Marling', 'Ben Howard', 'Bon Iver', 'Lucy Rose' etc. These artists all feature on my cover/contents. Yet they are not 'celebrities' which shows that my magazine shouldn't interest an audience that wants to read about celebrity life or mainstream pop stars.
I aimed to create a magazine that targeted a wide audience of both genders between the ages of 16-30. 
An example of this is a 17 year old female student. Currently studying her AS levels in creative subjects. She regularly attends gigs around her local city and has a big interest in music and follows many musicians. Her style is simple, I hope that this reflects her in my magazine as I thought about the use of a more simplistic layout, and styling the artist in neutral clothes to reflect her not being worried about her image. This is my ideal target audience that I think that my magazine is aimed at, and I hope that readers similar to my exampled reader can relate to a magazine that reflects there interests, hobbies and style.
In my article the language used was semi-formal with some shortening of words. I wanted to keep the tone less formal to keep the readers attention as the audience are probably reading this magazine causally and if it was too formal it may put the readers off carrying onto the rest of the magazine. This has also shown through the question and answer layout as this is quick and easy to read and keeps your attention throughout.


No comments:

Post a Comment