Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation Draft: 5. How did you attract/address your audience?

Cover
  • Bold, interesting title.
  • 'Local Gig guide' 'Open Mic guide'. This will attract my audience if they're musicians themselves. 
  • List of featured artists that are popular in this genre, they would want to read more about them
  • Quote 'I'd never wear a meat dress.' This references Lady Gaga's crazy outfits. This attracts the audience as it shows that this artist is not as worried about her appearance  unlike mainstream pop artists.
  • Natural pose with distinctive eyes, this shows her carefree attitude, which may attract the acoustic folk audience.
Contents Page:

  • Use of image with an acoustic guitar, reinforces genre of magazine which makes the audience want to read more.
  • Also, an image of a new artist may generate more interest in the magazine as it is showing new singer/songwriters in the magazine.
Double Page Spread:
  • I have used two pull quotes on my double page spread. 'I'd Never release anything without putting my heart into it'. This will attract my audience as if they have an interest in songwriting they would relate to this quote. My second quote 'I must have played over 150 gigs last year...' this again could relate to the reader as it shows that she appreciates music and playing gigs.
I hope that certain aspects of my magazine reflect the target markets' own interest, hobbies and style as this will make them feel as though they can relate to the magazine much more and it will make the reader feel much more comfortable when reading the magazine as they would have a much more personal connection to the images and article.
Also, i think that if this magazine is promoting artists that are similar to their own style it will make them feel more confident as they will look at the 

1 comment:

  1. think about the aspirational aspect. also the feeling of inclusion e.g.: similar people are in the mag and read the mag-i feel part of something.

    ReplyDelete