Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation Draft 2. How does your media product represent particular social groups?


I don't really think my magazine has a stereotypical group as a target audience, but my magazine was aimed at readers between 16-30 years old that have an interest in songwriting and acoustic music.

The right image is the image I used on the cover of my magazine, and the left image is of an acoustic/folk artist called Laura Marling.
I think that these artist look very similar in the way they are dressed. Both are wearing plain, basic clothes, this portrays that they are not as worried about their looks unlike mainstream pop artists. This helps to reinforce the folky genre of the magazine.
I think that their poses are very similar as well. They both look a little unaware that the image was being taken, making the pose seem very natural. Also the way that both of their har styles are natural, and how both artists have natural coloured hair helps to represent an easy going, young social group.

1 comment: