Thursday 21 March 2013

Evaluation Draft: 6. What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

Adobe Photoshop CS6
I used this programme to construct my many Double page spreads, Contents and Covers. At the beginning of this project, my skills were very limited as I had never thoroughly used photoshop. Yet I did quickly develop on photoshop as it is a programme that is not hard to navigate. I found photoshops '30-day trial' very useful when it came to the last stages of making my magazine as it allowed me to use photoshop at home as I would at school.

Canon 1000D (Camera)
I used this camera on my draft images, I found this camera very comfortable to use as I am used to taking photos with it.

Fuji FinePix (Camera)
I found this camera very easy to use. Yet personally I am used to DSLR's, so I found it frustrating not to be able to use all the other functions available a DSLR. Yet this camera was great on a tripod so it didn't blur.

Lights/White Pop-up background.
Without these lights, my images would not be as good quality. Also if I did choose to use the magic wand tool on photoshop it wouldn't require as many steps as the image will contrast more with the background.

Computer
I have used my own computer at home and the ones at school. I sometimes found the school computers frustrating as they occasionally crashed. Though this did help me to learn to save my work regularly. But I have done most of my work at home on my iMac as this is how I prefer to work.

Prezi
I used this online programme to give a visual representation when presenting my ideas in my 25 word pitch. I think that this programme is very useful and allows me to present my ideas creatively. It has recently become a lot easier to use, as you can import Powerpoint files straight to it, like Slide Share.

Slide Share
I used Slide Share to present my initial test shots on my blog. I found this very easy to use, as like Prezi you can just import Powerpoint files.

Microsoft Powerpoint
This is very easy to use, I used this programme to layout the slides that I would later import onto Prezi or Slide Share

Animoto
Animoto is an online programme where you can upload your images and it has professional-looking animated templates. I used this to present my moodboard and used a HTML code to upload it onto my blog.

Memory Stick
My memory stick is where I kept most of my work as I worked on two computers, so this made it easier to transfer to each computer. Yet, my memory stick occasionally couldn't store all my photoshop trials as there wasn't that much space available.

Internet Explorer/Google Chrome
As I present my work on blogger, I need access to the internet. I find google chrome a lot easier and quicker to use and I think it is easier to upload images using google chrome.

No comments:

Post a Comment