Monday 25 February 2013

Self-Review 1st Draft



Cover 
What I think went well:
  • I think the image I've chosen to use does not look too posed. This suits the genre of the magazine as it's very natural.
  • I like my magazine's title, most of the feedback I've received  has been positive about the name.
Better If:
  • I think the model should be looking at the camera, with the a similar natural pose.
  • I need to consider the colour scheme, as the white text is does not stand out against the background. 
  • I think I need to think about the font of the masthead. I've recived some criticism about whether the font fits the magazines genre and if it stands out enough.

Contents

What I think went well:
  • I like the image on this page, it shows a full shot of the model with the natural looking background.
  • I think the font I've used is very clear. 
Better If:
  • Personally, I do not like the layout I've used on this page. I think I need far more text and images, and I think i might need to consider using a white background to add variety to my images.
  • I need to check my spelling, as I've realized that I've made some spelling errors. 




Double Page Spread

What I think went well:
  • I like the text i've used for the artist's name. I think it looks different and stands out in comparison to different fonts i've used already.
  • I think how I've used colours from the picture on the text is quite effective. 
Better If:
  • I think I may need to change the image I've used. I think i'm going to use a guitar as a prop, because at the moment, you can't tell that she's a musician from first glance. I think the title of the page 'Ready for 2013' doesn't fit very well.
  • I think the use of two Eleanor's does not look right. I think i should have just included the main text on the left page. 





No comments:

Post a Comment