Tuesday 5 February 2013

Audience Research

My target audience is both genders between the ages of 15-30. As the genre of the magazine i'm making is not very mainstream or as popular as pop/indie music, I wanted to keep the age range of my target audience fairly wide in order to sell enough copies of the magazine.
Folk, Acoustic, Singer/songwriter music is not all about the image like Pop music as the audience do not care as much about the image of the artist as much as a reader/listener of pop music. 
I'm aiming that my magazine will be monthly at the price of £3. I want to make this magazine a good quality magazine with modern fonts/layouts as there isn't really any other magazines of this genre that like this. My target audience should be able to have money to spare to buy this magazine monthly, maybe the audience in the age category between 15-18 may need their parents to buy the magazine for them.

Language Register
I think for my target audience, the language should verge on formal, with some informal language to keep the tone less formal to keep the readers attention.
For the main article, I am thinking of using a question and answer layout. This will keep the reader engaged as these type of layouts are quick to read, but do include lots of personal information on the artist.

No comments:

Post a Comment